AUTOMATED GUIDED VEHICLE
Computer-controlled and wheel-based, automatic guided vehicles (AGV) are load carriers that travel along the floor of a facility without an onboard operator or driver. Their movement is directed automatically. Because they move on a predictable path with precisely controlled acceleration and deceleration, and include automatic obstacle detection bumpers, AGVs provide safe movement of loads.
- Repetitive manual labor jobs can easily be replaced by AGVs that handle material, automatic guided carts and transfer carts.
- Over time, these vehicles can significantly reduce labor costs.
- AGV can work during day and night saving time and cost .
- AGV can recharge automatically and continue work as nominal .
AGVs PROVIDE A VARIETY OF BENEFITS:
- Accountability – Once a product is onboard an AGV, it is tracked so “lost” or misplaced product will be minimized
- Automatic line balancing – In a production environment with multiple operations conducted at varying times, AGVs can assist in line balancing
- Cost control – An AGV system’s costs are very predictable, while labor costs tend to increase and can change quickly depending on local economic conditions.
- Facility maintenance – Collision avoidance capabilities prevent damage within the facility
- Flexibility – An AGV’s path can be changed as production and handling needs evolve
- Fewer restrictions – Free-roaming, AGVs eliminate access issues created by conveyors and require less space than conventional forklifts, allowing for narrower aisles
- Reduced operating costs – Charging and battery handling can be automatic with an AGV system and the controlled acceleration/deceleration minimizes wear on components
- Reduction in product damage – AGVs handle products gently, reducing scrap and waste
- Repeatability – AGVs perform repetitive movement tasks predictably and reliably
- Safety – AGVs always follow their guide path and stop if they encounter an obstruction, improving the safety of surrounding personnel
- Scheduling – Because of their reliability and on-time delivery, AGVs improve scheduling capabilities and the efficiency of operations
- Scalability – More AGVs can be added to expand capacity and throughput
AGVs PROVIDE AUTOMATED MATERIAL MOVEMENT FOR A VARIETY OF INDUSTRIES INCLUDING: